Preparing your applications file
Be sure to follow these steps before accessing the form.
- Choose the right program
- Verify eligibility conditions
- Respect official deadlines
- Prepare the supporting documents
Have the required information on hand
To complete the form more quickly, be sure to have the following information on hand:
StatuS IN Canada
- If you have immigrated to Canada, you must indicate the document you were issued and that attests to your status in Canada.
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants are strongly encouraged to identify themselves as Aboriginal in the ”Statut” au Canada” (Status in Canada) field when completing their online application form. Why?
- Foreign students must check “Temps plein” (Full-time) as a student status on the "Choix de programmes" page.
VALID, ACCURATE AND PERMANENT EMAIL ADDRESS
- A valid, accurate and permanent email address is mandatory so we can communicate with you as soon as your application has been processed. This email account must be active and consulted throughout the processing of your file.
- If you are not already a student at Université de Montréal, you will receive a personal identification number (UNIP) and an identification code (login) at this email address a few days after submitting your application so you can track your online application at the Centre étudiant (Student Centre).
- Admission notices will only be sent by email and posted in the Centre étudiant. You will not receive any notice by mail.
Only report your university studies, including studies at the Université de Montréal: names of the schools attended, programs in which you studied, start and end dates (months and years), diplomas or degrees earned, actual or anticipated dates (month and year), grade point averages and credits obtained.
- Any omission or misrepresentation will result in the rejection of the application.
- If you have studied in Quebec, you must enter the permanent code provided by the ministère de l'Éducation du Québec
- If you are registered or have already been registered at UdeM, you must provide the student number (your personal number or former permanent code) assigned by Université de Montréal.
Processing your application file incurs administrative fees. Application fees must be paid by Visa or MasterCard. Payment must be made online at the end of the form. For more information, see Pay the Application Fees section. No application will be processed or studied until payment has been made.
If you cannot pay by credit card, contact Admissions and Recruitment Services (SAR) using the Information Request form.
Follow the guidelines
To avoid unexpected difficulties, please read these instructions carefully.
Access and Saving
- If this is your first visit, you must first create a user account.
- If you are a student at UdeM:
- Use your login code and UNIP to access the form. The system will recognize you and allow you to make a program change, if necessary.
- First, close your Web session in the Centre étudiant, if applicable, before accessing the form.
- You will be able to interrupt your application process, save it and continue later, provided that the required fields have been entered on the page.
- The online application form is compatible with most Web browsers. We recommend using Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome on Mac or Windows, and Safari on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
- The summary of your application cannot be printed with Safari on Mac or Edge on Windows. In addition, if you are accessing the form from an Android device, no technical support is available.
You can only submit one application per study cycle for the same session. You can apply for graduate studies (two program choices), but if you want to apply for undergraduate and graduate programs, you must complete the form twice.
Note: Second applications for the same cycle, created with different user codes, are non-refundable and will be automatically rejected by the server.
If you have difficulty completing the application form, several options are available:
- Click the Help button at the bottom of every page of the form to see the online help for that topic. Follow Step 3 of our interactive
- Compass tool to help you complete the application form
- Email us at email@example.com
- Application form - English translation :This guide contains the translated form and English instructions.
- Admission Application Procedure : You will find in this document a ''step and help'' procedure to help you fill the French version of the admission form.
Try compass, the interactive checklist
To facilitate the submission of your application, use the interactive checklist Compass, designed exclusively for the Université de Montréal. It will guide you through this important step.