Before sending your documents

You must upload the required documents through the Centre étudiant. You will also use this interface to track the progress of your application.

If you are a new user, your identification code and UNIP (password) will be emailed to you 72 hours hours after you submit your application. When you receive them, open a session, then click on the “Tasks” tab to access your list of documents to upload.

For more information on the documents to provide, see the Gathering your documents page.

Deadlines to observe

As a general rule, 10 days are allowed for you to send your documents after you have submitted your application. However, deadlines may vary based on the type of document required.

Refer to your To-do list in the Centre étudiant to find the deadlines for each document required for your application. If there is no deadline associated with your required document, click on “Task details” to read the specific instructions. Please respect the deadlines for sending your documents, as all incomplete application files will be closed.

Required format

To upload your documents, it is important to respect the following requirements:

  • Only format accepted: PDF (one PDF file per “task”)
  • Assembly: files assembled in chronological order and paginated in ascending order
  • Orientation: consistent with the original (portrait or landscape)
  • Document name: fewer than 64 characters
  • File size: less than 10 Mb
  • Language: documents written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied, in the same PDF file, by a French translation certified by the consulate of the applicant’s country of origin or a member of the Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec.
  • Unlocked file : if applicable, remove the password protection from your PDF

Important: The University will refuse all screenshots, photographs or prints of an unofficial document. Ensure the conformity of your documents before sending them. Once your documents are uploaded and saved, you will no longer be able to view or update them.

Scanning and converting documents in PDF format

View the From hardcopy to digital format page for tips on scanning, converting or assembling your documents from a computer or mobile device.

Uploading your documents

To send us your documents, use the uploading platform integrated in the Centre étudiant. To access it, open a session and click on the “Tasks” tab to view and complete your To-do list. Unless otherwise indicated, this is the only accepted way to submit your documents electronically. Documents sent by email will not be added to your file.

Need detailed instructions? Refer to the following tutorials.


Follow up on your application regularly to avoid delays in processing: components may be added as your file is being reviewed. Each completed task will be removed from the To-do list, which will confirm that your documents have been received.

Upload from a mobile device

Try compass, the interactive checklist

To facilitate the submission of your application, use the interactive checklist Compass, designed exclusively for the Université de Montréal. It will guide you through this important step.

Go to compass