Overview and specifics
Students are advised to submit a complete application as early as possible as applications will not be considered if the program's capacity has been reached.
Studies in this program are governed by the educational regulations of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and the following provisions:
1. Admission requirements
To be admitted as a regular student to the PhD (Geography) program, candidates must:
- Meet the general admission requirements (section XI) of the “Règlement pédagogique de la Faculté des études supérieures et postdoctorales” (educational regulations of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies).
- Have a master's degree in a relevant discipline or show proof of equivalent education.
- Have obtained a grade-point average at the graduate level of at least 3.3 out of 4.3 or the equivalent.
- Demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of French, English and any other language deemed necessary for their research. Knowledge deemed sufficient in the field of mathematics or computer science may replace the aforementioned requirement.
1.1 Additional documents to submit with your application
- Outline of a research project (200 to 500 words)
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent or of interest
- Application Appendix Form – PhD (in French only)
Consult the Règlement pédagogique des études supérieures et postdoctorales.
Programs of origin
Several Université de Montréal students in this program came from the following programs:
Master's Degree 45 credits 2-155-1-1