Among the world's best...
1st in Quebec
UdeM and its affiliated schools (HEC Montréal and Polytechnique Montréal) form Quebec's leading pole of higher education.
2nd in Canada
UdeM has the second largest student body in the country.
4th in Canada
With research revenue exceeding half a billion dollars, UdeM is ranked third among all Canadian universities in terms of research activity and has been number one in Quebec since 2005.
73rd in the world
UdeM is number 73 in the prestigious Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2021) and is the only Canadian Francophone university to make the top 100 in the major international university rankings.
UdeM is an extraordinary hub that brings together researchers, students and teachers who come from all four corners of the globe and become world ambassadors for the university. Internationally, UdeM represents:
- Over 10,000 international students from 140 countries (including students who attend UdeM's affiliated schools: HEC Montréal and Polytechnique Montréal).
- 800 international teaching and research collaborations.
- 500 international agreements in 50 countries.
UdeM is also home to the secretariat of the International Forum of Public Universities (IFPU), whose member universities are in Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America and North America. The IFPU also includes approximately twenty international research units.
UdeM in numbers
UdeM and its affiliated schools represent:
- 67,000 students.
- 17,000 master's and doctoral students—27% of our students are enrolled in a graduate program, one of the highest percentages in Canada.
- $597.2 million in research revenue—UdeM is at the head of the pack of Canadian universities in terms of research activity volume.
- 2,650 research professors from around the world.
- 465 research units—134 Canada Research Chairs and 185 research institutes and centres.