How to participate to this program?
To register for the French language program, please follow the procedure below:
1. Create an account on the registration platform of the Intensive University French program and complete the registration form
Before completing the registration form for the Intensive University French program, you must create an account on immersion.umontreal.ca.
2. Provide proof of French proficiency
In order to complete registration for the Intensive University French program, you must provide accepted proof that your level of knowledge of French corresponds to B1. Please upload your proof directly to the registration platform when submitting your application.
- See the list of accepted tests and diplomas.
- If you are unable to provide valid proof that your level of knowledge of French corresponds to B1, you have the option of taking an online test. Please provide proof of registration for an accepted French test when submitting your application.
3. Apply for admission at Université de Montréal
Before completing the application form, make sure you respect the application deadlines and check the admissions requirements for the study programs of your interest. This step can be done before or after successfully completing the Intensive University French program.
4. Track your file and receive a response
Within a few days of submitting your application, you’ll receive your access codes to connect to the “Centre étudiant”, the platform where you’ll track your application and receive your admissions decision letter.See the Track your application page to learn more.
5. Start your immigration process
Gather all the required documents before you start your immigration process. Refer to the Immigration procedures to learn more.
6. Prepare for your arrival in Montreal
Once you have your plane tickets, it's time to plan your first few days in the city. You might find it helpful to read an international student’s blog post about 10 things to do when you arrive in Montreal.