Overview and specifics
Before submitting an application, check the application periods for the chosen session.
- Fall 2019: From January 1st, 2018 to July 1st, 2019
- Fall 2020: From January 1st, 2019 to February 1st, 2020
- Winter 2020: From May 1st, 2018 to September 1st, 2019
Students are advised to submit a complete application as early as possible as applications will not be considered if the program's capacity has been reached.
Studies in this program are governed by the educational regulations of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and the following provisions:
1. Admission requirements
To be admitted as a regular student to the PhD (Computer Science) program, candidates must:
- Meet the general admission requirements (section XX) of the “Règlement pédagogique de la Faculté des études supérieures et postdoctorales” (educational regulations of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies).
- Have an MSc (Computer Science) or a degree that adequately prepares them for their chosen area of study or show proof of equivalent education.
- Have obtained a grade-point average at the graduate level of at least 3.2 out of 4.3 or the equivalent.
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of French or English and any other language deemed necessary for their research.
1.1 Additional documents to submit with your application
- The Supervision Consent Form, including a section on financial arrangements.
Programs of origin
Several Université de Montréal students in this program came from the following programs: