A Journey Designed for You
Do you have a taste for exploration and discovery of the unknown? What if you jumped on board a journey that could take you there now?
Sure, there are many known roads ahead, but you can choose the less conventional path. One that is close to home, yet unexpectedly ripe with culture and opportunity. If you are a serious student with an open mind and a taste for adventure, the Integrated Path could be for you.
The top-ranking Université de Montréal offers a new program designed for international students with intermediate French skills. The Integrated Path is a 4-year program that provides guidance and support for non-native French speaking students who wish to study in one of Université de Montréal’s 35 undergraduate programs. By providing the tools needed to succeed at UdeM, the Integrated Path helps international students step outside of their comfort zone to pursue a unique and international university experience.
This four-year path was specially created to help non-francophone international students succeed in their university studies in one of the 35 participating undergraduate programs.
Depending on the undergraduate program chosen, you have the choice of three possible streams for your preparatory year :
- Social sciences
- Arts and literature
- Art History
- Asian Studies
- Classical Studies
- Classical Studies and Anthropology
- Communication and political science
- Comparative Literature
- Computer Science
- Demography and Anthropology
- Demography and Geography
- Demography and Statistics
- Economic Sciences
- Economic Sciences and political science
- English Studies
- Environmental Geography
- German Studies
- German Studies and History
- Hispanic Studies
- History and Classical Studies
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Economics
- Mathematics and Physics
- Philosophy and Classical Studies
- Physics and Computer Science
- Political Science
- Political Science and
- Psychology and sociology
- Religious Studies
The preparatory year will take place in one of two institutes of higher education that have partnered with the Université de Montréal, Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne or Collège André-Grasset. After a year at your prep school, you will begin your undergraduate program at UdeM.
During this first year, you will complete a general education program in order to acquire the skills necessary for success in your undergraduate studies.
You will be able to take advantage of intensive French courses as well as personalized language support to help you feel at home in your new environment.
You can also create your own curriculum by choosing your electives from the large list of available courses.
Advantages of the Integrated Path
- Enhanced support in the welcoming and dynamic environment of your prep school
- Additional personalized attention for each student
- Access to intensive French courses to help perfect your language skills
- Option to choose electives relative to your interests (physical education, visual arts, filmmaking, health and quality of life)
- Mentoring program to support you every step of the way in your new home
- Cultural activities to introduce you to Canada and the Quebec way of life
- Individualized support through your prep school’s many services
- Career counseling services and internship opportunities both in Canada and abroad