What are the advantages of the Integrated Path?
  • First year in one of Montréal’s renowned Pre-University Colleges to help you get a head start with French classes, as well as university core courses.
  • Mentoring program and ongoing support to guide you step by step as you work towards your Bachelor's degree
  • Cultural activities to better understand Quebec
  • The chance to learn and live in Montreal, one of the most vibrant, exciting and amazing cities for students in the world
Which support do you offer?

Upon arrival, we welcome you at the airport and help you settle into your new city and living situation. The first weekend, you will tour the city of Montreal with other new college students.

At the academic level, you can count on dedicated and attentive teachers to lead you on the successful path.  The guidance office will be happy to help you and you can take advantage of their numerous services: learning support, health services, training workshops...

You also get special attention outside the class. The student life committee and many clubs offer activities to make your experience exceptional.

Can I choose which pre-university college to study at?

Depending on your program choices and your French test result, you will be offered registration in a specific pre-university college. However, we will remain attentive to your wishes if you have serious concerns.

How long is this program?

Four years:  1 pre-university year + 3 years in your BA specialization.

Can I change my program of study?

If you want to change your program, you will have to contact your pre-university college  to discuss the options available.

How much does it cost to study?

Tuition fees in Quebec's higher education institutions differ according to the student's legal status in Canada. For international students, they are $ 12,360 to $ 13,500.

Tuition fees at UdeM vary depending on your program. You can check the admission section for more information.

Can I transfer my credits from my school/university?

The Integrated Path program does not accept external credits.

Why do I need to study in a pre-university college during the first year?

The purpose of the pre-university year is to better prepare you to succeed at university.

The colleges are designed as transitional education institutes that support students to move from secondary school to university studies. Key features include smaller class sizes, pastoral care and French language support.

When does the academic year begin?

Around August 20th.

Where can I find practical information before coming to Montreal?

You will find plenty of information on the international students office  webpage.

Do you offer student housing?

During the preparatory year, you can stay in your college residence.  It is the easiest and most convenient option so if you are interested, you must let us know as soon as possible because it is on the “first-come, first-served” basis.

Another great option to consider is shared apartments, which are very common in Montreal. Apartment-sharing is not synonymous with partying, but rather associated with pleasant and affordable student cohabitation.

What is the legal process for studying in Canada?

Learning about the necessary steps will help you understand the process, even if you need to wait for the official university admissions letter to start the process.

To apply for a student visa, you must meet the requirements of the Quebec government and the Canadian government. Before coming to Canada, you must obtain:

Do I need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) ?

Yes, since March 2016, some students must get an Electronic Travel Authorization.

More information about the Electronic Travel Authorization

Can I work with my student visa?

Yes, it is possible under some conditions. Since 2014, a work permit is included as part of the study permit for international students who would like to work off campus, for up to 20 hours per week.

Before working, you will need to get your Numéro d'assurance sociale (NAS).

For more information, we advice you to check the Immigration, Diversité and Inclusion website.

Is Montreal safe?

Montreal was recently ranked second of the 25 safest cities in the world by The Economist. On the campus, a team of security staff are present 24 hours a day. A modern system of cameras spread throughout the campus provides another layer of security.

Do you offer scholarships?

Unfortunately, we don’t offer scholarships for this program.

Where can I find practical information before coming to Montreal?

You will find plenty of information on the international students office  webpage.

What is the minimum level required in french?

The minimum level required is B1 to one of the following tests: TCF-TCFQ-DELF-DALF-TEF. The test must include the four sections: listening, reading, speaking and writing.

Must I provide all the documents in French?

No, documents must be in French OR in English. Documents written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by a French translation certified by the consulate of the applicant’s country of origin or a member of the “Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec”.

What is the admission deadline?

The deadline is March 1st.

When and how can I know if my application has been accepted?

UdeM will send you an answer several weeks after submitting your application, no later than end of February.

How do you assess the applications?

Your application is evaluated on your school records and your French test result. Depending on your program selection, some courses will be analyzed more carefully.