Tools to help you
As part of your studies at UdeM, you will become familiar with the French language. Université de Montréal is a French-language university, and we will use French in all our communications with you, from application all the way to graduation.
We are confident that you—like all UdeM students whose mother tongue is not French—will get by admirably. To give you a bit of help, however, we are providing English translations of some of our official communications.
Visit this section regularly, as other translations will be added over time.
- Application form - English translation. This guide contains the translated form and English instructions. We encourage you to download this document and keep it handy as you fill out the form.
- Acknowledgement of receipt. Once your application is submitted, you will receive an official acknowledgement of receipt.
- Your UdeM identification code (login). Shortly after you submit your application, you will receive an email with your identification code (login).
- Your temporary UdeM personal identification number (UNIP). Shortly after receiving an email containing your login, you will receive a second one with your UNIP (password).
- Your email account. Once you register to classes, you will receive an email with your institutional email address and mailbox.
- Identification sheet - See also Official documents to submit
- Translation of table “Official documents to submit with your application”
Student Centre (Centre étudiant):
Try Compass, the interactive checklist
Use Compass, the interactive checklist designed exclusively for the Université de Montréal, to carefully prepare your application and to avoid common pitfalls along the way.